- Gorilla trekking
- Quick visit to the Pearl of Africa
It is assumed that you are starting safari in country; please consider an extra night and/or day should you be interested in this offer from outside the country.
Day 1: to Bwindi
Early start, head south west from the Kampala towards Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. There will be a brief stop at the equator for a water experiment and photo opportunity before proceeding to Mbarara for lunch. Carry on to Bwindi thereafter arriving in the early evening hours. Your overnight lodge will be set in the shadow of the rain forest with breathtaking views of the ideal “gorilla in the mist” setting.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking
Today is the big day… prepare yourself for an encounter with one of world’s gentle giants: the endangered mountain gorilla. For most people this is the absolute highlight of their tour in Uganda.
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest boasts both mountain gorillas and chimpanzees - the only forest in Africa which can make this claim. It also hosts five other species of primate, 113 species of mammal, over 200 butterflies and 360 birds.
The time taken to track the gorillas can be as few as 2 hours to as many as 7 hours. Once the gorillas have been located, your group will be allowed a maximum of one hour with them. Coming face-to-face with a mountain gorilla is a truly humbling and emotional experience.
If you choose, spend the rest of the day on a village walk around the communities that live near your overnight lodge.
Day 3: Bwindi – Kampala / Entebbe.
Depart for the city or Entebbe international airport in time for your return flight home.
END OF SERVICE.
Tour Cost: from $1,309 FNR and $480 EAC*
Price Quotes Include:
- Ground Transportation throughout the trip in a private 4WD safari van
- 3 – 4 star accommodation
- FB meal plan and activities as stipulated in program
- Services of an English-speaking driver/guide
- Bottled drinking water while on safari
- Gorilla trekking permit and other reserve entry fees - where applicable
- All Excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- Lots of fun in the African sun!!!
Price Quotes Exclude:
- Air fares
- Visa, international flights and departure taxes - unless specified in the itinerary
- Inoculations and personal insurance
- Optional activities and excursions
- Items of personal nature such as beverages, telephone, postage etc